As our Healthy Mummy Smoothies are very different to other ‘shake’ based products, we thought we would outline why they are very different and what makes them unique.
What is in The Healthy Mummy Smoothies
It contains wholefoods
The Healthy Mummy Smoothie contains wholefoods and over 25 vitamins and minerals. The product is high quality and every ingredient in the smoothie has been included to be a benefit to your health. Most shakes do not provide this high quality and do not use the wholefoods and high quality vitamins and minerals that we do – and instead top theirs up with sugar and fillers to bulk it out.
It is accelerant and filler FREE
We are proud to say that our Smoothie is free from any fillers and weight loss accelerators. Many weight loss shakes contain fillers and weight loss accelerants to trick your body into short term – and unhealthy weight loss. These artificial fillers make your tummy feel temporarily full are not natural and the long term effects are not yet known. They can also lead to a lot of the side effects associated with ‘shakes’.
It is breastfeeding friendly
We do not use any caffeine or weight loss accelerants in our smoothies so that breastfeeding mums can use it. We also included fenugreek in the smoothie to be an additional benefit – and if you are not breastfeeding, fenugreek can still be a great benefit to your health as it provides carbohydrates, dietary fibre, fats and minerals like iron, calcium and phosphorous.
We have thousands of emails each month from mums on our plans who report improved milk supply from using our smoothies, but if your baby has any food sensitivities or suffers from colic we recommend talking to your Dr before changing your diet or using our products and plans.
It is dairy and wheat free
Many people have allergies to dairy and wheat so our smoothie is free of both of these ingredients. We use non genetically modified Soy Protein Isolate which uses only the protein part of the soy – not the oestrogen part of the soy.
It is a formulated meal replacement & passes international standards
Our Healthy Mummy Smoothie is a formulated meal replacement and has passed International Food Standards. It provides your body with over 25 vitamins and minerals and the focus is on optimal nutrition. Some other ‘shakes’ on the market are only a protein shake or supplement.
This means they cannot be used as a meal substitute as they do not contain enough nutrients and energy to fuel your body and consumers can often be mislead into thinking a product called a Shake is a meal replacement when it is not. You can see a comparison table with other shakes here.
What ingredients are in the Smoothie?
The smoothies are free from artificial sweeteners, additives, fillers, caffeine and weight loss accelerants. They are also 96% sugar free and have NO ADDED FRUCTOSE.
Included in our smoothies are:
- Apple pectin – a source of soluble fibre that forms gel naturally
- Rice bran fibre – a highly fibrous ingredient
- Cellulose – major component of cell wall in plants
- Psyllium husks – a water-soluble fibre to aid digestion
- Inulin – a natural vegetable fibre to aid digestion
- Flaxseed meal – healthy fats (omega3 fatty acids) & high fibre making it an ideal ingredient for post birth nourishment
- Pumpkin seed meal – adds bulk to assist a sense of fullness & contains a high level of essential fatty acids, protein, zinc & iron.
Protein For Health & Weight Loss:
- Soy protein isolate (non GM) – a complete protein low in fat with high digestibility. The protein is a soy protein isolate – which means the protein has been isolated and the oestrogen and hormone part of soy is not included in the product – only the protein part of the soy
- Methionine 10mFg – important amino acid for normal metabolism
- Protease (from aspergillus) – group of enzymes that assist digestive process by breaking down proteins
- Soy lecithin 400mg (non GM) – emulsifying that can aid the digestive system
- Bromelain 5mg – enzymes from pineapple assisting protein digestion.
Herbs For Your Health – during a weight loss diet, herbs can help to maintain a feeling of general wellbeing:
- Ginger root – a spice often used to improve metabolism while soothing the stomach
- Fenugreek – Provides carbohydrates, dietary fibre, fats and minerals like iron, calcium and phosphorous. It also provides support for breastfeeding mothers
- Dandelion root – helps absorption of nutrients in “The Healthy Mummy” Smoothie and Rich in Vitamin A,C and B2, iron and calcium.
LOW GI: as part of a weight loss diet, low GI foods help to release glucose more slowly leading to a more stable blood glucose level.
Natural ingredients in our smoothies help give a gentle sensation of feeling fuller for longer, helping to avoid eating large meals or over snacking. They help to bulk the stool and aid bowel eliminations.
What aren’t part of The Healthy Mummy Smoothie ingredients?
We are proud that the following ingredients are NOT in our smoothies
- No Added Salt
- No Weight Loss Accelerants
- No Chemicals
- No Phentermines
- No Phenylpropanolamine
- No Dairy
- No Wheat ingredients
- No Caffeine
- No Fillers
- No Artificial Sweeteners
- No Genetically Modified Ingredients
Check out The Healthy Mummy Smoothies in our shop here.
Check out some of our favourite healthy smoothie recipes
Now that you have all information what we put in our Healthy Mummy Smoothies we wanted to share some of our favourite smoothie recipes. Now you can make some delicious, healthy smoothies to help you lose weight and get healthy.
- Rainbow Paddle Pop Smoothie
- Winter Warmer Smoothie
- Belly Fat Busting Smoothie
- Healthy Chocolate Snickers Smoothie
- Tim Tam Smoothie
- Morning Sickness Smoothie
- Citrus Wake Me Up Smoothie
- Cellulite Busting Smoothie
- Summer Citrus Smoothie
- Golden Gaytime Smoothie
- Super Green Smoothie
- Spring Detox Smoothie
- Immunity Boosting Smoothie
- Banana and Blueberry Smoothie
And we have many more in the recipe hub of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge ready for you to try.
What ingredients are good to add to a weight loss smoothie?
If you aren’t keen on using one of our smoothie recipes there are some great smoothie ingredients you can experiment with to make your smoothie delicious.
Whether you are using the smoothie as a mid-morning or afternoon snack or as a quick grab and go breakfast smoothie you need to make sure you aren’t adding ingredients that will hamper your weight loss goals.
One ingredient that is often consistent when mums try our smoothies is their preferred milk. Whether you just have The Healthy Mummy Smoothie mix with the milk on it’s own or add in a cup ice cubes or other ingredients milk is usually one of the base ingredients in our smoothie recipes.
So whether you prefer full-cream, skim, low-fat or if you can’t have lactose or prefer nut or plant based milks such as soy milk, unsweetened almond milk / almond milk or coconut milk pop a cup or two into your smoothie to get started.
Adding in extra powders such as protein powder will give your smoothie an extra boost especially if you tend to have one after a workout it will help you build muscle. The Healthy Mummy Protein Powder is based off whey protein and you can mix it with The Healthy Mummy Smoothie mix to create a tasty protein smoothie for your pre- or post- workout snack.
Other additions you could pop into your smoothie include some cocoa powder, super greens powder, collagen or other nutrient boosting powders.
If adding your preferred milk to your smoothie isn’t giving you the creaminess you are after why not added in some yoghurt. Not only will adding yoghurt increase the creaminess of your smoothie recipe but with its superfood status yoghurt will also give you multiple health benefits also.
Now remember you want to stick to it being a healthy smoothie so make sure your yoghurt has no added sugar, often it’s best to opt for plain greek yoghurt to get all the benefits without the added sugar.
Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
The biggest group of smoothie ingredients that will add not only health and nutritional benefits but also taste. There are so many fruits and vegetables that you can just as boosters to your smoothie.
Get all the goodness of leafy greens by adding some baby spinach or kale, get that added boost of vitamin c with some mango or pineapple. Want a berrilicious smoothie? Add in some raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and more!
Even if you don’t have fresh fruit or vegetables to add, throw in a frozen banana or avocado and not only will your smoothie have extra creaminess but will be the perfect summer snack. Reduce your wastage when that fresh fruit and veggies are about to go off by turning it into a puree for your smoothie or just freeze it for a smoothie another day.
Other popular smoothie ingredients
The list of smoothie ingredients could go on for a while as you could really add almost anything into a smoothie recipe. Some other things our mums like to add are:
- Coconut oil
- Ground flaxseed
- Vanilla extract – which will give you that sweet taste without the added sugar
- Coconut water for a hydration boost
- Peanut butter – another great option to boost creaminess if you can’t have peanut butter try almond butter
- Chia seeds
Plus so much more!
Let us know your favourite smoothie ingredients that are metabolism boosting or help you burn fat and help with your weight loss goals in our Facebook group.
How can The Healthy Mummy Smoothies benefit you?
- Healthy Mummy Smoothies are an excellent source of essential vitamins, minerals, nutrients & important antioxidants
- They don’t contain weight loss accelerants, caffeine, gluten and are dairy-free. They are also a non-Genetically Modified product.
- They can help with weight management when used as part of a diet and exercise plan
- They provide the best possible nutrition for energy
- They’re breastfeeding-safe and are designed to help to support milk supply
- They’re low GI & high fibre which helps you feel fuller for longer and aids digestion
- They’re quick and easy to prepare and taste delicious
- They’re high in protein & lower in sugar than any other product on the market – see a comparison table.
Get started with your healthy eating with the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge you receive:
- A day by day meal plan to help you with your healthy eating including vegan, low carb, gluten free and keto options
- Support from a group of powerhouse mums as well as advice from experts that will help you every step of the way
- A range of workouts that suit all fitness levels and can be done in the comfort of your own home with very little to no equipment
- The My Coach feature in the app offers fitness tips, advice, encouragement, support and more to help you every step of the way